VILLAGE OF WILLIAMS BAY BUILDING INSPECTOR:
E-Mail Jerry Anderson
Hours: M, T, W, F: 7AM - 2PM, TH: 7AM - NOON. Saturdays by appointment.
Before doing any type of construction, remodeling, replacement or alteration work CONTACT Jerry Anderson at 262-245-2704 and verify if a permit is needed.
Some FAQ's. . . . .
- Any deck that is 24" or higher from the ground, must have 36" tall railing and spindles with less than 4" clearance
- Any block foundation wall must be seal-coated per code
- A cross-connection preventer must be installed anywhere someone could install a garden hose
- All penetrations through bottom & top plates will be caulked or foamed to prevent the spread of fire. If you drill it, you must fill it
- Headers greater than 6' in length must be directly supported on each side by the single stud and 2 shoulder studs
- Fireplace Opening square feet:
- Less than 6 feet- side 8" and front 16"
- 6 feet or greater- side 12" and front 20"
- Erosion & sediment control. Owner or owner's agent shall check the erosion & sediment control practices for maintenance and any deficiencies
- At least weekly
- Within 24 hours after a rainfall event of at least .5 inch
- Construction may proceed if the inspection has not taken place by the end of the 2nd business day following the day of notification
- The Wisconsin uniform building permit shall be posted in a conspicuous place at the dwelling site